Wednesday 29 April 2015

Political Pokemon Cards

I was sent this link by a friend the other day showing the below images.

 

 

 

They're based on the Pokemon trading card game (below), which was a big part of my childhood as it was many other people of my generation. There is a big drive to get young people interested in politics at the moment because of the upcoming general election, and combining humour with nostalgia like this gives politics some much needed positive connotations to people of my generation.

 

 

Because of the nostalgia I felt when looking at the political Pokemon cards, I read all the text on every card, which took between 5 and 10 minutes. I believe this shows that you don't always have to take a serious tone to engage people with a subject, an approach I took in my collaborative WWF brief for Responsive. Things like this are much more successful at engaging people that the Saatchi & Saatchi campaign for Operation Black Vote because the audience doesn't feel like they have to be so serious, this is especially important in the case of politics where an audience member may not know so much about the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment